Am I a Candidate for Lasik Surgery?
In order to determine whether someone is a candidate for refractive surgery, one needs to be assessed with special diagnostic instruments. The minimal requirements for lasik surgery patients are:
- At least 20 years of age
- Stable glasses prescription for 1 year
- Good general health
- Free of eye disease
Is Z-LASIK right for me?
Each person has unique eye anatomy and only a careful evaluation by your doctor can determine if you are a good candidate for the Z-Lasik procedure. Other general guidelines for eligibility include:
- No history of keratoconus
- No thinning of the cornea
- No glaucoma
- No severe dry eye or other diseases of the cornea
- Not for women who are pregnant or breast feeding
If you are not a candidate, other options may be available (PRK or Clear Lens Exchange)