Review the general patient directions for laser cataract surgery including pre-op, day of surgery, post-op instructions and advice from Dr. David Lane.
General Instructions for Laser Cataract Surgery
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery.
Day of Surgery
- Do NOT eat or drink on the day of surgery.
- You may take all your medications on the morning of surgery with a small sip of water.
- You come to LCC at the planned time.
- An anaesthetist will give you a small dose of intravenous relaxing medicines to make you feel relaxed during the procedure. There is no pain.
- After the surgery, you will taken to the recovery room for about 5-10 mins.
- Then you will be given a snack while an LCC staff member explains the "do's & don'ts."
- You will see your surgeon in the afternoon, the same day of surgery
The morning after surgery, you will start the following drops:
Zymar: 4x a day until next appointment.
Prednisolone: every 2 hrs while awake until next appointment.
- Do not drive a car until your surgeon says it is safe to do so (usually 1 week).
- Take things easy for 1 week (no sports, no lifting more than 20lbs).
- After 1 week, there are no physical restrictions.
Dr. Lane explains the cataract surgery process at LCC: