In order to determine whether someone is a candidate for laser eye surgery, one needs to be assessed with special diagnostic instruments.
Am I a Candidate for Laser Eye Surgery?
The minimal requirements for laser eye surgery patients are:
- Age between 20 - 55 yrs
- Stable glasses prescription for 1 year
- Good general health
- Free of eye disease
Is Laser Eye Surgery right for me?
Each person has unique eye anatomy and only a careful evaluation by your doctor can determine if you are a good candidate for Custom Laser Vision Correction. Other general guidelines for eligibility include:
- No history of keratoconus
- No thinning of the cornea
- No glaucoma
- No severe dry eye or other diseases of the cornea
- Not for women who are pregnant or breast feeding